ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries
- Last update: 2 years ago
- Version: 4.6.6
- Compatibility: 4.0.3 and up
- Author: ABBYY
- Content rating: Rated for 3+
- Package name: com.abbyy.mobile.lingvo.market
ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries app is not yet ready. This app is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries Review0
ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries offers a fast and easy way to access dictionary content for a variety of languages. You can create your own custom dictionary sets selecting from a wide range of general translation dictionaries, explanatory, idiomatic, and also various subject dictionaries.
ABBYY Lingvo do not require Internet connection. The dictionary will be an indispensable tool when traveling, at work or school. It provides a reliable translation and exhaustive interpretation at any time, simply by using a mobile device.
Access to 11 basic dictionaries for 7 languages included! Download them after installation right from within the app! Over 200 additional premium dictionaries are available for In-App Purchase.
Electronic versions of dictionaries from the world’s leading publishers, including Macmillan, Compact Verlag and dictionaries compiled by ABBYY lexicographers. You can be confident in your translations.
• New! Live-translation - aim the pointer at a word which is not clear and tap anywhere on the screen for translation (not supported for Chinese and Kazakh)
• New! Photo translation function – translation of words from the photo taken with smartphone built-in camera (not supported for Chinese and Kazakh)
• More than 200 dictionaries for 20 languages in one in-app touch
• Dictionary entries contain detailed information about words, including translation alternatives, word usage examples, phonetic transcriptions, inflected forms of words
• All available dictionaries can be used as one. Merged list of headwords allows consultation all dictionaries simultaneously. If a word is found in many dictionaries, all relevant entries are displayed in a single window
• Hypertext - instant translation of any word found in the dictionary entries with just a single tap
• Native audio pronunciations for most common words (in some dictionaries)
• Spelling suggestions for mistyped words
• Search history
Once you buy ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries, you have access to the basic set of 11 general dictionaries for the following language combinations (download required):
• Russian <> English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
• Latin > Russian
There are also over 200 additional dictionaries available for purchase directly from within the application. Accurate translations, phonetic transcriptions, synonyms, pronunciations, examples of use and word forms are available for the following language combinations:
• English <> French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
• German <> French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
• Russian <> Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Kazakh, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Tatar, Turkish, Ukrainian
• Ukrainian <> English, Polish, Russian
• Monolingual English, German, Russian, Spanish and Ukrainian dictionaries.
For a complete list of dictionaries with detailed descriptions, visit our website at http://www.abbyy.com/lingvo_android/dictionaries
FOLLOW US on Twitter http://twitter.com/ABBYY_Mobile
ABBYY Mobile on Facebook: http://fb.com/abbyymobile
With the new dictionary API, ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries can now be integrated into other applications for Android to enhance them with powerful word translation function and advanced dictionary support.