d2h Smart Remote App
- Last update: 3 years ago
- Version: 2.0
- Compatibility: 4.3 and up
- Author: Videocon d2h Ltd
- Content rating: Everyone
- Package name: org.d2hsmartremote.app
d2h Smart Remote App Review
Unfortunately, we haven't been able to analyze this app properly. To provide you with basic info, we've placed official information about the app on this page.View all reviews
d2h Smart Remote App Review
d2h Smart Remote is a Smart Mobile App which connects with your Videocon d2h Set Top Box either through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Please note that the d2h Bluetooth dongle has to be connected to your Set Top Box for Bluetooth connectivity. In some d2h Set Top Boxes like the 5555, the App can connect over Wi-Fi. In such cases, the Smartphone and the d2h STB have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. App provides the following functionalities:
• Convert your smart phone into a remote
-Change channels using the smart phone, increase/decrease volume, and so on...
-The quick zap mode allows you to browse channel logos by genre. Just tap on a logo to change to that channel!
• Browse Program Guide
-In the Quick Zap mode, press and hold a channel logo to browse through the Program Guide for that channel.
• Mobile Notifications on TV (available only with Bluetooth Connectivity)
-As long as your Smartphone is connected to your d2h STB, you can get all Mobile Notifications of Facebook updates, missed call alerts, new message alerts, etc., on the TV.
-A Yellow button is displayed on the TV screen whenever there is a Notification, on pressing the Yellow color button of the d2h STB remote for details.
• Audio Streaming to and from your d2h STB (available only with Bluetooth Connectivity)
-Connect your smart phone with the STB through Bluetooth and enjoy seamless audio streaming
-Play audio from your Smartphone and listen to it on TV Speakers!
-Plug an earphone into your mobile and listen to the d2h STB audio privately.
• Media Sharing from Mobile to STB
-You can share Audio/Video/images stored locally in your mobile's memory, from Apps like "Gallery" or those which list and play audio and video files from Share Option.
-Now, Select "d2h Smart Remote" from the list of Apps
• Media Casting from Mobile to STB (available only with Wi-Fi Connectivity)
-You can play videos from mobile Video Apps like YouTube, Dailymotion, etc on TV.
-Here is how you can do it:
a. Keeping your Digital STB ON, launch the d2h Smart Remote App on your mobile
b. On your Digital STB, launch Smart Connect
c. Navigate and select the "Mobile Cast" App from d2h HOME
d. Now, launch a Video App on your mobile. For example, YouTube.
e. Select the video and Share with "d2h Smart Remote" from the list of Apps
• Social Networking
-While watching a program on Live TV, post an event on your Facebook Timeline, stating that you are watching that program.
• Finding your phone (available only with Bluetooth Connectivity)
-You can locate your Smartphone misplaced somewhere inside your home, if it is connected with the d2h STB through the d2h Smart Remote App.
-All you have to do is press Menu on the d2h STB remote and select Connectivity > Find my Phone option , and your phone will ring giving away its location!
Important things you should know
• The d2h Smart Remote App is available for Videocon d2h Users only
• It is compatible with only select models of Videocon d2h STBs
• The d2h STB should support Bluetooth or Wi-Fi Connectivity
• Bluetooth connectivity is made available to some d2h STB models through a d2h Bluetooth Dongle which has to be bought as an accessory. After purchasing the dongle, user needs to call the customer care to upgrade the d2h STB software to enable connectivity and subsequently for the App to function.
• In case of Bluetooth Connectivity, features like Media Sharing can be possible only with the help of a USB hub on which both the d2h Bluetooth Dongle and the USB storage (to store shared content) have to be connected.
• Videocon d2h does not sell the USB hub and can be purchased from the market.
• We recommend HUB iball 4 Port Piano 44
• Usage of the application is free. However the user should bear the data charges (as charged by the Internet Service Provider) for downloading the App from Google Play Store.
• For more help, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.