Whose leaf is it?
- Last update: 1 year ago
- Version: 1.0.1
- Compatibility: 4.1 and up
- Author: Centrum Informacyjne Lasów Państwowych
- Content rating: Everyone
- Package name: pl.gov.lasy.trees
Whose leaf is it? Description0
Telling pine from spruce is probably easy, but telling hornbeam from beech? This may turn out somewhat more difficult. We created the application called “Whose leaf is it?” for beginner environmentalists curious of the natural world.
It is an electronic key-guide to the identification of selected tree and bush species the most commonly encountered in Polish forests. The application was designed particularly for users who only begin their adventure with botany, but would like to experience the surrounding nature with more awareness.
The application has three primary functions:
• The first functionality of the application is a practical key for the identification of 26 selected species, allowing for the step-by-step identification of a given bush or tree.
• The second one is a mini atlas providing a short characteristic of the species, trivia, the most important features, and, most importantly – their photographs.
• The third functionality – for the most persistent users – allows for the development of your own “e-herbarium”: a catalogue of photographs of trees and bushes encountered and identified on forest trails.
We focused on features based on which it is the easiest and highly credible to identify a given species. Do not worry when leaves fall off in winter and cease to be the most important identifying feature of the species. The trees can be still identified by their fruit, structure (shape), and particularly – bark.