- Last update: 4 years ago
- Version: 220.127.116.11729.release
- Compatibility: 4.0 and up
- Author: Spectrum/Charter
- Content rating: Teen
- Package name: com.TWCableTV
- Last update: 4 years ago
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 78.0 MB
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Author: Charter Communications Operations, LLC
- Content rating: Rated 12+ for the following:
- Languages: English
Content quality checked
Spectrum TV Review
Spectrum TV is a free app which unites Charter Communication, Bright House Networks and Time Warner Cable companies in one place, offering up to 300 live TV channels and up to 25,000 movies and TV shows on demand.
Whether you are at home or on-the-go, you will never miss your favorite shows and movies. The Spectrum TV also allows you to browse Guide listings, schedule DVR recordings, and much more.
With this app, you can turn any room into a TV room, using your device as another TV screen: catch up on the news from your breakfast table, take cooking shows to the kitchen, and watch movies from your bedroom.
It’s easy to navigate the app and find your favorite programs. You can filter live TV by category, sort by network name or channel number and quickly recall recently watched channels. Similarly, you can search by title, person or sports team. To simplify your TV routine, it’s possible to create a personalized guide by picking your favorite channels.
Beyond that, you can use your mobile app to:
- Change TV channels on your Spectrum receiver;
- Record your favorite TV shows and movies;
- Delete and modify DVR recordings;
- Play DVR recordings on your TV;
- Give your Spectrum receivers nicknames to let you know which one you're scheduling recordings on.
Spectrum TV has a comprehensive blue-colored interface with a switcher on the top of the screen that features Collection and My Library options. Below this bar, you will find different categories such as:
You can switch between them swapping left or right.
At the bottom of the interface, you can choose among Live TV, Guide, On Demand and Settings. Each screen is easy to navigate and includes high-quality posters for each TV show or movie.
Once you installed the app, open it and sign in using your Charter, Time Warner Cable or Bright House Networks account. Then you can use all features this app offers: watch live TV, watch on-demand content, view the guide and much more.
If you want to set parental controls, you just need to set a PIN to block shows by channel or rating. You’ll have to turn on Parental Controls for each device in your household.
Overall, to use the Spectrum TV app, you need:
- Available programming based on your subscription package and whether or not you are connected to a Spectrum Internet WiFi network;
- A Spectrum username and password.
If you experience any troubles with the app and need help, you can reach out and send feedback to the Spectrum support team: [email protected]
Cross-platform use 5/5
The Spectrum TV app is compatible with iOS 9.0 or later and Android 4.0 or later.
The Spectrum TV is free and doesn’t require any additional charges. However, to use it, you need to subscribe to one of these packages.
- TV Select (125+ channels) — $59.99/month;
- TV Silver (175+ channels) — $79.99/month;
- TV Gold (200+ channels) — $99.99/month.
Spectrum TV provides a vast amount of content that will likely cover your needs just fine. It carries big names in the list such as HBO, Showtime, AMC, FX, Cinemax, Starz, CBS, etc.
There are all variety of shows and movies you can enjoy either at or away from home.Collapse
With this app, you can take your Spectrum TV experience with you anywhere.
Pros : Up to 300 channels available;
Lots of ongoing TV shows on demand;
Cons : Paid subscription.
Cross-platform use 5