GangUp - Connect over events
- Last update: 9 months ago
- Version: 2.2
- Compatibility: 4.0.3 and up
- Author: Synsoft Global
- Content rating: Teen
- Package name: com.app.gangup
GangUp - Connect over events Description0
Developed for iPhone and Android users, the Gangup app lets a user connect with like-minded people that are members of the same Group or before they actually meet in a pre-scheduled social Event. Facebook Events and Facebook Groups have been targeted. The Gangup app incorporates a well-designed matching algorithm that uses the settings and profiles of two people who have subscribed to a common event and in case of a Match, proposes a Connect, subsequently allowing matched users to chat. The forthcoming Event increases the probability of the association and helps in the realization of a Connect into an actual relationship.Highlights of Gangup:
- Users can change Event status (Join/May-Be/Not-Going).
- Users of a FB Group can see other members of the Group
- Users can add a Group to "My Groups" in order to see other members participating.
- FB Events and Groups are used as a base for converging users
- Logical comparison of user preferences to match appropriately
- Chat facility enables engagement with matched users.
- Notifications are sent for matches and messages received.
- Enhanced Search for Groups/Events/Attendees.
- Nearby listing of events based on GPS.
- User can view the Profile of an Attendee of any event/group before Like/Pass.The intention of the Gangup app is twofold:
(1) It allows users to get to know each other before an upcoming Event so that they might share more information with each other, and be better prepared for the event, and (2) the forth coming event adds a sense of authenticity to the connect as there is always an overriding belief that you would soon be meeting the match. The app defaults to “NEAR-BY” public events from Facebook. Users can also view Events to which they are specifically invited. There is a search for events in other places, or on any keyword and users can select from ‘Join’, ’Maybe’ or ‘Can’t Go’ on any of the listed Events. Joined events then move to the User’s Attending-Events list from where user can see the matches proposed by the app on selecting a particular Event. Other users opting for the event are used in the matching process to present a randomly ordered list of matches.Similarly users can search for interesting groups whether a member or not, and can add a group to the favorites list (My Groups). Once added or member, user can see profiles of fellow members served as proposed matches.Users can then browse through the proposed Matches and LIKE / DISLIKE each match. This is a two way process as the facing candidate would also have to Like / Dislike in the same way for a “Connect” to be complete or successful. If both users have liked each other, then there is a successful Connect and they are visible to each other for chatting. So Gangup to make friends!