MATx by SAMHSA
- Last update: 1 year ago
- Version: 1.0.1
- Compatibility: 4.1 and up
- Author: SAMHSA
- Content rating: Everyone
- Package name: gov.hhs.samhsa.app.matx
MATx by SAMHSA Description79
MATx is a mobile app for health care practitioners that supports medication-assisted treatment (MAT) of opioid use disorder. The app leads practitioners through the step-by-step process to become certified to prescribe buprenorphine. Using MATx, clinicians can learn about U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved medications and access resources including treatment guidelines, ICD-10 coding, and CME/CE opportunities. Clinicians can use this free app to easily locate buprenorphine practitioners, opioid treatment programs, and additional behavioral health treatment services and facilities.
MATx empowers practitioners to provide effective, evidence-based care for opioid use disorder.
• Follow a step-by-step guide to become certified to prescribe buprenorphine
• Get information on medications for opioid use disorders, including buprenorphine, methadone, naltrexone, and the use of naloxone for opioid overdose prevention
• Use clinical support tools, including treatment guidelines, ICD-10 coding, and recommendations for working with special populations
• Search and favorite SAMHSA’s MAT-related resources to create your own custom toolkit
• Share MAT resources with your colleagues and patients
• Access critical helplines and SAMHSA’s treatment locators.
Email SAMHSA at SAMHSAInfo@samhsa.hhs.gov with any questions or comments.
Note: This app is a free resource provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and was funded by federal resources.