Planned Parenthood Direct
- Last update: 1 year ago
- Version: 1.4.3
- Compatibility: 4.0.3 and up
- Author: Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Content rating: Everyone
- Package name: com.ppfa.stdtestca
Planned Parenthood Direct Description0
If you live in California, now you can get care from your smartphone. Planned Parenthood Direct provides a convenient way to order birth control pills, get treatment for UTIs (urinary tract infections), and purchase STD testing kits for chlamydia and gonorrhea.ORDER BIRTH CONTROL PILLS ON YOUR PHONEWhether you are looking for a renewal or a new prescription you can now use the Planned Parenthood Direct app to order birth control pills.HOW IT WORKS1. Select your pill brand or let us help you select one that works for you.
2. Answer a few questions about your health history.
3. Select a pharmacy.
4. Pay $15 service fee.
5. A doctor will review your request and submit a prescription to the pharmacy of your choice if they determine the pill is right for you. If they have concerns or follow-up questions, they will contact you via secure message within the app.
6. Pick up and pay for your prescription at the pharmacy. (If you have insurance, you can use it to pay for your prescription).GET UTI TREATMENT WITHOUT A TRIP TO THE DOCTORIf you are one of thousands of women who experience urinary tract infections (UTIs), now you can get treatment without a trip to the doctor.HOW IT WORKS1. Answer questions about your symptoms and past UTI history.
2. Select a pharmacy.
3. Pay $15 service fee.
4. A doctor will review your request and submit a prescription to the pharmacy of your choice if they determine your symptoms and health history make you a good candidate for receiving treatment through the app.
5. Pick up and pay for your prescription at the pharmacy. (If you have insurance, you can use it to pay for your prescription).ORDER AN STD TESTING KIT FOR THE TWO MOST COMMON STDSChlamydia and gonorrhea rates are on the rise across California. In up to 90% of chlamydia cases, those who are infected show no symptoms. Luckily both infections are treatable. Planned Parenthood Direct allows you to test for the two most common STDs from the privacy of your home. If you test positive, we help you get the treatment you need. HOW IT WORKS1. Download the free app to order the $120 kit. California mailing address required.
2. Receive the discreetly packaged Planned Parenthood Direct STD test kit in the mail. (Nothing on the package mentions Planned Parenthood or what’s inside. No signature required for delivery.)
3. Collect a urine sample using the simple instructions in the kit and drop it off in any USPS mailbox using the pre-addressed and prepaid packaging included in the kit.
4. 5-7 business days after you mail your urine sample, we’ll send your confidential test results through the app.
5. If you need treatment, we’ll explain your options. You can message us through the app if you have questions about your test results or treatment.CHLAMYDIA AND GONORRHEA ARE TREATABLEChlamydia and gonorrhea are easy to treat so don’t worry – we will help you get treatment. We can prescribe medicine for chlamydia and send the prescription to any California pharmacy. If the test finds gonorrhea, it’s best to visit one of our health centers for an antibiotic shot. Depending upon your income level you may need to pay for the shot and your visit to the health center.HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?The $15 service fee for ordering birth control pills and UTI treatment covers the doctor’s time to review answers to our questions. You will pay separately for a prescription at the pharmacy where you can use your insurance if you have it. The STD Testing Kit costs $120 and includes all shipping, a urine sample collection kit, lab processing fees and the delivery of results as well as a doctor’s help in getting treatment for an infection if you test positive. If you cannot afford these prices due to income, you can access all of these services at any Planned Parenthood Health Center. Check out http://www.plannedparenthood.org for details.