- Last update: 1 year ago
- Version: 3.0
- Compatibility: 2.2 and up
- Author: NLM OHPCC
- Content rating: Everyone
- Package name: gov.nih.nlm.lhc.pubmed4hh
PubMed for Handhelds (PubMed4Hh pubmedhh.nlm.nih.gov, go.usa.gov/xFb) is an app for discovering relevant health information at the National Library of Medicine. Journal abstracts, TBLs ("the bottom line" summaries) and full text articles (requires subscription to journals) can be accessed anywhere the Internet is available. It features:
- PICO (Patient, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome): search with a well-formulated clinical query
- askMEDLINE: a free-text, natural language search tool
- Consensus Abstracts: for discovering and selecting concurring abstracts from journals. View selected TBLs and Abstracts in one page
- CQs: Use Clinical Queries to search journal articles. Indicate Category (therapy, diagnosis, etiology, prognosis, clinical predictions guideline) and Emphasis (specific, sensitive) to focus search strategy.
- Archive: save search results for reading later
- Retrieved citations may be sent by e-mail from any of the featured tools
- Tested and found compatible with Android version 4.1.1 and aboveWhat's new in version 2.5
- This is a major update written in native Android code except for some features that require Web links.
- BabelMeSH was removed from PubMed4Hh. A separate app, BabelMeSH+ will be released with soon.
- A Journal Browser was added for reading the latest abstracts and TBLs of MEDLINE indexed journals. Links are provided to access full-text articles (may require subscription)