How To Delete All Images From iPhone
Do you enjoy taking photos wherever you go? Whether you’re someone who likes taking hundreds of selfies or random photos that occupy all the space on your iPhone, you may want to delete them at some point. In this article, we offer you several ways how you can effectively delete the images from your phone. Choose the method that is most appropriate to you and get more space on your device.
Delete multiple images in Camera Roll
The first option you can use if you want to delete multiple images quickly is by doing that within the Camera Roll on your device. To achieve that, you have to:
- Open Camera Roll.
- At the top of your screen, click the Select option.
- Choose which images you want to delete or share. It can be done easily by tapping the screen and dragging your finger to quickly choose the photos you need.
- Tap the trash icon and confirm your decision to delete the images.
Remove multiple images by Collections
In case you have created a number of different collections within your Photos application, you can delete the images by going to a specific date and deleting a number of them at the same time. The steps you need to take are:
- Open your Photos app.
- At the bottom left-hand corner, tap the Photos tab.
- Tap one of the collections that you want to be deleted.
Once you follow these steps, you will be able to choose photos by date and remove them by tapping the trash icon.
Delete Moments and Albums
If you have created Moments or different albums on your iOS device, you can easily delete entire collections without having to waste your time selecting them one by one. However, you should remember that this method is not the right one to delete the images for good because they will be transferred to your Recently Deleted folder and Camera Roll. To delete photos in this way, you should:
- At the bottom of your Photos app, Tap Albums/Moments icon.
- At the top right-hand side, click on Edit. Once you do that, you will see red minus signs displayed by your albums (some albums may not have these signs if they are locked by Apple).
- Tap the minus sign of the album you want to remove.
- Click the Delete box that will appear.
If you delete images from Moments while your iCloud is enabled, they will be moved to the Recently Deleted folder and will be permanently deleted in 30 days.
Clear your Recently Deleted folder
As we have mentioned previously, the photos are stored in the Recently Deleted folder for 30 days before they are removed, which is done to ensure you don’t delete something accidently. If you’re confident that you won’t need these images in the future, all you have to do is:
- Open the Albums tab and choose Recently Deleted folder.
- In the folder, click on the Select option at the top.
- At the bottom of your screen, choose Recover All or Delete All. If you decide to recover the images, they will be restored to their original location on your device.
Getting more space on your iPhone is easy
All the methods we offer to you in this article are extremely quick and easy. We recommend following these steps from time to time to make sure you don’t store the photos that you don’t need, and they occupy valuable space on your iPhone. If you have any questions, or you want to add something from your personal experience, feel free to leave your comments below!