How To Quickly Change App Icons On Android
If you like when every aspect of your phone is not only convenient but also aesthetically pleasing, then the information in this article is just what you need. Sometimes you may have an app that you like using on a regular basis, but its icon design is just far from great. Fortunately, you can easily change the icons using one of the mentioned methods so that they don’t annoy you anymore. Read on to find out how you can do that.
Use the Awesome Icons app to replace the icons
Awesome Icon is a simple shortcut creator that you can download for free from the Play Store. All you have to do to use it is select an application, an icon, and a label so that Awesome Icons can create a new shortcut for your home screen. You can move created shortcuts around whichever way you like.
To change the shortcut using Awesome Icons, you have to:
- Open the app to see a list of installed apps. Under each application, there will be a collection of different icons that come as a part of the Awesome Icons pack.
- Tap on one of the icons to open a creation screen. Here you will see the icon itself and to which apps you can link it.
- Simply click OK and get back to the home screen to view the new shortcut.
- If you don’t want to use the icons offered in the pack, you can click the + at the top to open a blank shortcut.
- Choose an icon that you like and change the label depending on your preferences.
If you want to, by creating your own icons you can also hide certain applications from other people or children. It should be noted that you can use Awesome Icons only to change the icons on your home screen and not in the app drawer.
Use Nova Launcher to get better-looking icons
Another way you can change the icons is by using the launcher, such as the Nova Launcher app that you can download for free. Similarly to the previously mentioned app, Nova Launcher supports icon packs, thus making it easier and quicker to make the changes you need. To use the app, you have to:
- Install the app on your device.
- Long press the icon on the home screen that you want to change.
- Select the “Edit” option in the menu.
- Tap the icon in the pop-up window that will appear.
- Select the icon you like in the theme screen. You should remember that by default there are only a few icons to choose from, so if you want more you need to download the icon pack.
- Choose an icon so that it is assigned to the shortcut.
- Click the Done button. Once you follow the mentioned steps, the icons will be changed on the home screen, but they will remain the same in the app drawer.
Using Quickshortcutmaker to make great icons
Another application that you can use to change the icons on your device is Quickshortcutmaker. To achieve this, you should:
- Open the application and go to “Applications” section.
- Choose the app for which you decided to change the icon.
- Select “Tap to change icon.”
- Choose the icon that you want.
- Select “Create Button” and the brand new icon will appear on your home screen.
- Click on the create button and that’s it. Now, you can see the app shortcut with the icon you chose on the home screen.
Personalize your phone according to your preferences
If you pay a lot of attention to details and certain icons that you see on your home screen every day get on your nerves, you can easily change them with the help of the mentioned methods. You can choose the launcher or application that you find convenient and simply select the icons that you find the most appealing. If you get any questions regarding the steps in this article, feel free to ask them in the comments below.