How To Remove All Old Messages From Your iPhone
If you often experience situations when you need to install an app or transfer information to your iPhone, and there is not enough space, you know how frustrating that can be. If you want to avoid dealing with the lack of space, it’s always a good idea to regularly delete all the files and apps that you don’t need anymore. Most people forget that the messages that they have on their iPhones can occupy quite a lot of space, and here we offer you an easy way to delete all the old messages from your iOS device.
Quickly deleting the messages kept on your iPhone
If you didn’t change anything, it’s likely that the messages that you keep receiving on your device will be kept forever. If you don’t have anything important and want to remove all the old messages from your iPhone at once, you have to:
- Open Settings from the homepage of your iPhone.
- Go to Messages by scrolling down the page.
- Open Message History.
- Open Keep Messages.
- Select one of the 3 options – 30 days, 1 Year, or Forever.
- The best way to remove all messages is to choose the option to delete all older than one year or all messages older than 30 days.
- Click the Delete button to confirm your decision to delete all the old attachments and messages on your phone.
- As you can see, this method is aimed at deleting old messages, so you can’t remove the messages that you have received in the last 30 days with these steps.
Here you can see that there were 2.2 GB of messages on the device when they were set to be kept forever.
After choosing the option of keeping the messages for one year, the amount of occupied space has been reduced to 885 MB.
Once we decided to enable saving messages for a month, they occupied only 112 MB, thus freeing a significant amount of storage on the device.
If you still need more space, you can always delete the remaining messages manually, which is a lot easier and faster than removing each and every one that you‘ve received since purchasing your phone.
Clear your device to get more space
If you’re someone who likes exchanging messages with friends, there is a chance that the messages on your iOS device occupy several gigabytes of space, especially if you have never deleted them previously. By following the mentioned steps, you will easily get more free storage space on your device that you can use for photos or apps. If you have any questions concerning this tutorial, feel free to ask them in the comments below.