How To Share Your Events Using iPhone And iPad Calendar
With the help of your iOS devices, you have an opportunity to stay organized when it comes to your plans and agendas using the Calendar app installed on the iPads and iPhones. It is an especially great idea to use this application and publish your calendars on the iCloud service if you make any plans that involve other people, such as vacations, conferences, and many others. Here you can find out how to manage your events and use the app to your benefit.
Making a public iCloud calendar on iPhone or iPad
To make your calendar available to other people on iCloud, you have to:
- Open the Calendar application from the home screen of your device.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Calendars.
- Click the Info button located near the iCloud calendar that you want to make public.
- Switch on the Public Calendar option.
- Click the Share Link to make the calendar visible to others.
Once you finish these steps, the calendar will become public on the calendar site of Apple. Those with whom you’ve shared a particular calendar won’t be able to edit it. You can hide the calendar at any moment by simply switching off the public calendar option.
Sharing an iCloud calendar on your iOS device
Using this method every person who iCloud account you have added will be able to see a calendar of your choosing. To do that, you have to:
- Open the Calendar app.
- Go to the Calendars button located at the bottom.
- Tap the Info option to the right of the chosen calendar.
- Under the Shared With option, click on the Add Person.
- Enter the name of the user that you want to share your calendar with.
- Click on the email address and name of the person to add them.
- Choose Add at the top of your screen.
- Confirm by tapping Done.
When you go through these steps, the people that you added will receive a notification from you to accept your invitation. If they accept it, they will have an opportunity to both see and edit events. Remember that such calendar sharing will only work if the other person also uses iCloud.
Sharing an event using iPhone or iPad
If you want to share a specific event with people, you can do so by following these steps:
- Launch your Calendar app from the home screen.
- Choose an event that you want to share or create a new one.
- In the upper right corner, click on the Edit option.
- Go to the Invitees option.
- Include all the email addresses of users that you want to invite to the event.
- Tap Done to confirm.
Managing all shared events on your iPhone or iPad
If you want to see more information about the shared events, you have to:
- Go to the Calendar application.
- Tap Inbox located at the bottom.
- Click on Replied section, and you will be able to see all the shared events.
- By clicking on any of the events you can see more details and change your reply if you need.
Accepting an invitation from another person on your iOS device
- Click on the Inbox button in your Calendar app.
- Choose from the three available options:
· Maybe (you can select a different date)
If you want to see the events that you declined, they are listed in the app, and you won’t automatically start receiving notifications from them unless click on Accept or Maybe.
Use Calendar app to make your planning process easier
As you can see, using the Calendar app to share your events with friends, colleagues, or family members is extremely easy. It is significantly easier to share your plans with others using calendars instead of sending emails or calling every single person when something changes. If you have any questions concerning any of the mentioned steps, feel free to ask them in the comment section below.