How To Transfer iPhone Contacts To Android
You have just decided that you want to have an Android phone and replace your iPhone, but you’re desperate to know how to move all your iPhone contacts to your new device. If this sounds familiar, we can definitely help you. In this article, you will find out how you can transfer the contact numbers to your brand new phone.
Export iPhone contacts with the help of iCloud
Before proceeding, you have to ensure that your iOS device is backed up to iCloud.
1. Open a browser on your computer. It should be noted that Chrome is not suitable for this process, but you can use Safari or Firefox.
2. Open iCloud.com and sign in using your password and Apple ID.
3. Open Contacts and choose All Contacts in the top-left side of the screen.
4. Press the Ctrl and A key at the same time if you use a PC. Press the A key and Command key on the keyboard at the same time if you use a Mac.
5. Open Settings, which looks like a gear and can be found in the bottom-left corner.
6. Choose the Export vCard option. Once you click on that, the contacts will be available in the Downloads folder in the form of the .vcf file.
Import contacts with the help of Google Contacts
After the previous steps are complete, you have to continue by importing the vCard using Google. If you happen to not have a Google account, you should create one as you will need it for your Android device.
- Open any web browser that you have on your computer and sign into your Google account.
- At the top-right side, select the Google apps.
- Go to Contacts.
- At the bottom of the menu, choose the Import Contacts option.
- Select Choose File.
- Choose the vCard and open it either from the Downloads folder or any other place you saved it.
- Click Import and your contacts will appear almost immediately.
- If you notice a red message on the screen, choose Find and merge duplicates.
- In the window, click Merge. It should be noted that this step may not work perfectly, and in this case, you can check your contacts for duplicates yourself.
Sync the Google account with the Android device
The Android phone can easily be synced with the Google account. If you have already switched on your phone and finished the setup process, the steps below will help you sync the Google account to transfer your iPhone contacts:
- Open the Settings app from the app drawer, notification shade, or your home screen.
- Click Accounts and Google.
- Activate the switch located next to Contacts.
- At the top-right corner of the screen, click the More option. Instead of a word, it may also look like the three vertical dots.
- Click Sync now.
Add your contacts from iPhone to your Android device
If you didn’t create a Google account, all you want to email yourself is the vCard. But, if you have a Google account, your phone will sync with it, and you’re likely to have a number of duplicates in your contacts.
- Open the email app located either in the app drawer or the home screen of your Android device.
- Open the email with the vCard file.
- To download the vCard, click the download button next to it.
- Open the notification shade by swiping down on your screen.
- To open the vCard file, tap the notification that your download has been completed.
Once you finish all these steps, you will be able to save the contacts to your phone or Google Contacts app depending on the phone.
Easily transfer the contact list to your new phone
At first, switching from one phone to another may seem like a disaster with all the information you have to transfer, particularly the contacts. Fortunately, with the help of the steps provided in this guide, you will be able to complete the process quickly and painlessly.