How To Update Software On iOS Device
Updating your devices ensures that they always operate smoothly, and you always have access to new exciting features.
The iOS updates give you an opportunity to make the most of your iPad or iPhone.
If you want to know how you can update the software using iTunes or wirelessly, read on.
Wireless updates for iOS device
Before you start following any of the steps mentioned below, you should backup your device with the help of iTunes or iCloud. Once you receive the messages that there is an update for your device, simply tap Install Now.
After, you should:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to power and turn on Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings and choose General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Download. If you’re asked to remove apps temporarily because the storage is not sufficient, you can choose to tap Cancel or Continue. If you press Continue, the apps will be installed again after the update. If you tap Cancel, you can find out what to do below.
- Tap Install to get the update straight away. You also have a chance to choose Remind Me Later or Install Tonight. If you decide to select Install Tonight, all you have to do is connect your iPad or iPhone to power before going to bed, and it will be updated automatically.
- Type your passcode, if you’re asked.
Not enough space for a wireless update?
If there is insufficient storage on your device, you can either delete certain apps and other content manually or update using iTunes.
The amount of free space left after the update will be the same regardless of the selected approach – using iTunes or wireless.
You should also remember that not all updates are available wirelessly.
iTunes update for your device
Using iTunes to update your software is just as great. Before you take the steps, your computer has to be connected to a different network if you usually use the Personal Hotspot on your iOS device.
- Install the most recent iTunes version on your computer.
- Connect your iOS device to the computer.
- Select your device in iTunes
- Tap Summary, and then – Check for Update.
- Tap Download and Update.
If there is an error, you probably need to clear some space for the update, and you can do that manually by deleting content on your device.
Update your device for maximum efficiency
It’s always a good idea to update your devices regularly because such updates ensure the highest level of security and operation.
These simple steps will help you install the update in not time, but if you get any questions, you can always ask them in the comment section.