BBC CBeebies Storytime
- Last update: 1 year ago
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 30.91M
- Compatibility: 4.0 and up
- Author: Media Applications Technologies for the BBC
- Content rating: Rated for 3+
- Package name: air.uk.co.bbc.cbeebiesstorytime
BBC CBeebies Storytime Description0
The CBeebies Storytime app is filled with free story books for young children and is a great way to enjoy reading books with your little one. Open the book to discover a world of stories featuring much-loved CBeebies characters; turn the page to find your favourite story and visit the library to choose new stories such as CBeebies classics: Topsy and Tim, Peter Rabbit, Something Special, Charlie and Lola, and many more.
The library feature allows you to download new and exciting stories for free. Simply visit the library using the ‘add story’ cloud in the top left corner and choose from a selection of stories. You can have up to 12 stories with in your book. Once your book is full or you would like to change your stories, you can return it and then add a new one.
Don’t forget to come back regularly to visit the library and find new CBeebies stories to read. To let you know when new stories have been added, a number will appear in the ‘library’ cloud in top left hand corner of your book.
CBeebies Storytime makes reading fun, with playful and imaginative stories designed to help support early years reading. Entertaining things to touch, swipe and play with in each story and fun questions to help develop comprehension skills, means you and your little ones can enjoy reading, playing and learning together.
With free stories to download, no adverts, no in-app purchases and a parental lock to make sure little fingers don’t wander too far means parents can have peace of mind whilst little ones enjoy a very special story time, playing along with their CBeebies favourites.
Parents and carers of young children can also find out more information on helping to support their child’s reading development and how to get the most out of this app in the dedicated Grown-Ups section.
CBeebies Storytime also features an accessibility mode which helps children with a range of abilities to enjoy reading stories. To find out more and to activate this, go to the Grown-Ups section of the app.
CBeebies Storytime does not collect any personally identifiable information from you or your child.
This app may ask you to allow permission to use your device microphone; however, this information is only held on your device and is not accessed by the BBC. *Please note that due to technical constraints on the microphone will not be accessed, instead the interaction will auto complete to allow you to continue and enjoy the story.
The device uses performance cookies for internal purposes to help us to improve the app. For more details please see our CBeebies Grown Ups FAQ page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/help/faqs or for information about the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy
Fun Features include:
• Interactive CBeebies Branded stories including: Topsy and Tim, Swashbuckle, Something Special, Charlie and Lola, Peter Rabbit and more.
• A regularly updated library full of stories for you to download for free, look out for the number in the library cloud’ to see when new stories have been added
• A ‘Read to Me’ and Read by Myself’ option to accommodate different reading abilities • Recall Questions at the end of each story aid the development of comprehension skills • Each story includes guided interaction points to help Parents have fun with their child and help
support their learning development
• Grown Ups section including tips to support you and your child’s reading development, including links to more useful information from CBeebies Grown Ups
• The app includes an accessibility mode activated via the Grown Ups section • A secure parental lock for any external link • Links to more free, fun things to enjoy from CBeebies on your mobile and tablet