CVC Words to Help Kids Read
- Last update: 1 year ago
- Version: 1.0
- Compatibility: 2.3 and up
- Author: goathairware
- Content rating: Everyone
- Package name: com.ellastrails.cvcwordstohelpkidsread
CVC Words to Help Kids Read Description0
CVC Words to Help Kids Read is an important tool for helping kids learn how to read. It is appropriate for preschool students, Kindergarten students, grade 1 and 2 students, and even ESL (English as a Second Language) and ELL (English Language Learner) students.
The study of CVC Words is an important step in practicing phonics and learning to read. The goal is for these words to be studied until they can be sounded out by the reader. Studying simple CVC words is a powerful and quick way for readers to understand that words are composed of multiple letters which correspond to multiple sounds.
Over 100 CVC words are included in this app. They are divided into 5 groups based on the middle vowel in each word. The groups include words with the short a sound, words with the short e sound, words with the short i sound, words with the short o sound, and words with the short u sound.
This app does contain advertisements via Google's AdMob service, but no ads will be displayed from categories that Google labels as sensitive.
The study of CVC Words aligns to the following Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.3 - Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.3.B - Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.2.D - Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.1 (This does not include CVCs ending with /l/, /r/, or /x/.)
Note that the process of learning to read should not be limited to the study of CVC Words. It is also crucial to learn sight words, to practice phonics, and to read with others. Good luck and have fun!